Community Health Information Education Forum (CHIEF) is a non -governmental organization founded and incorporated on the 4th of August 1998 with registration number RC: 11,364. CHIEF NGO, is community based, health development oriented which over years extended coverage to all five divisions and 14 LGAs of Lagos and one LGA in Ogun States.
To prevent diseases, promote health, socio-economic development and status of vulnerable and disadvantaged women, children, youths and men in community settings adopting Behavioural Change Communication (BCC) strategy and PHC services offering scientific alternatives to Harmful Traditional Practices (HTP) affecting their health.
To see a community where vulnerable and disadvantaged women, youths and men live positive and sustainable lives and children survive; is a right.
Is to reduce morbidity and mortality among vulnerable and disadvantaged women, children, youths and men.
- Baseline/Formative research
- Primary Health Care
- Maternal New born Child Health (MNCH) e.g. Safe-motherhood, Child-Spacing, Gender Issues
- Adolescent health development programs
- Communicable/Non-communicable disease prevention control e.g. STI/HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB, Breast and Cervical cancer
- Empowerment programs e.g. trainings, micro-finance, social welfare
The organization in the past received health support grant from; Lagos State/UNDP, FHI/USAID, Van leer Container PLC, FHI/USAID GHAIN/USAID , NACA/World Bank, LSACA/World Bank, CEDPA/Macarthur/USAID, COMPASS/USAID, YWCA-Y-CARE/USAID, American Cancer Society (ACS)/ORACLE, NIBUCAA/NACA/World Bank LSACA/World Bank, private individuals and sector.
CHIEF a member of Nigeria Cancer Control Society, Lagos State AIDS Control Agency, (LSACA) and the Eti-Osa Local Government AIDS Action Committee (LACA), Lagos State Safe-motherhood committee, Roll Back Malaria committee, Association of NGO working on OVC, National Coalition of Women and AIDS(NAWOCA) Lagos State Chapter, Global Health Council (GHC), West African Women Association (WAWA), World Association of NGOs, (WANGO) Christian Connection for International Health (CCIH).
AWARDS AND APPRECIATION
- The Waterside Annual Human Development (2004)
- Appreciation Award by Rotary Club of VGC (2006)
- People State and Resource (PSR) magazine; Development in Nigeria Merit Award (2006)
- Foremost Achievers Award, St. Peters Church, Ikota (2007)
- Appreciation Award by Sagamu Community Life centre (2007)
- Nominee People State and Resource Magazine( PSR) The Nigerian Golden Jubilee Awards (2010)
- To conduct baseline studies [community diagnoses] to identify Health and Felt the needs.
- To provide basic Health Education and Information training to Women, and Youths for development, Economic Growth and Poverty alleviation.
- Reduce Maternal/Infant Morbidity and Mortality rate by establishment of Primary Health Clinics/Outreach clinics and activities.
- To provide Essential Drugs.
- To develop, field-test and produce BCC Materials i.e. Posters, Handouts e.t.c.
- To raise Awareness on STD/HIV&AIDS, promote and provide Home/Community Based Care
- To Collaborate with other Bodies or Agencies Promoting Health.
- Advocacy / Sensitisation
- Behavioural ChangeCommunication (BCC)
- Home/Community Based Care
- Youth Friendly Resource Centres
- Training Peer Educators
- Health service provision
- Children / Youth.
- Community Based Organizations (CBOs).
- Community Health Workers / TBA / VHW
- Traditional / Religious /Community Development Associations CDC, CBOs.
- Policy Makers / Local / State/National level.
C.HI.E.F NETWORKS AND COLLABORATIONS
C.H.I.E.F. does a lot of Networking and multi-sectoral collaboration:
- Development Information Network [DEVNET]
- Nigerian Network of Non Governmental Organization [NNNGO]
- Global Health Council, Washington
- World Association of Non Governmental organisation [WANGO]
- Christian Connection for International Health [CCIH]
- Civil Society of Group on HIV&AIDS in Nigeria [CISGHAN]
- World Association of NGOs (WANGO)
- Family Health International [FHI Nigeria]/USAID
- Centre for Development and Population Activities (CEDPA)
- Lagos State AIDS Control Agency [LSACA]
- Lagos State Safe- Motherhood Committee
- Lagos State Roll Back Malaria
- National Council of Women Society [NCWS] Eti- Osa Branch
- Young Women Christian Organization [YMCA] Eti-Osa Branch
- Market Women Association Eti-Osa Branch
- National Union of Road Transport Workers Eti-Osa Branch
- Indigenous Women/Youth Associations/Clubs